CPR & Medical Emergencies for Dental Practices Training Course
It is designed to meet the needs of all dental professionals wishing to revise their knowledge of CPR and medical emergencies that may occur in practice, in accordance with Resuscitation Council (UK) standards for clinical practice.
Your CPR & Medical Emergencies in Dental Practices course will cover:
- using the ABCDE approach to assess acutely sick patients
- care of the unconscious casualty (recovery position)
- basic CPR hands-on practise
- discussion / demonstration of use of an AED device
- scenario-based exercises to simulate emergencies in your workplace
- Recognition of cardiac emergencies including angina and heart attack
- Recognition and treatment of acute asthma
- Recognition and treatment of anaphylaxis
- Recognition and treatment of epilepsy
- Fainting (syncope)
- working as a team, carrying out simultaneous first aid activities
CPR & Medical Emergencies Training - Contributing towards your ongoing CPD
As part of this course, each of your staff will receive the following to assist in meeting their annual CPD requirements:
- A training summary sheet, containing aims, objectives and outcomes, with a section for feedback and reflections
- A certificate confirming 6 hours of CPR and Medical Emergencies training, which contributes towards your verifiable CPD requirement.
In addition, your Practice will receive a CPR & Medical Emergencies training certificate to display on your wall, containing the names of your staff who have undertaken the course.
CPR & Medical Emergencies course - Price and duration
This Medical Emergencies course is 6 hours in duration.
The cost of the course is £450 + VAT for up to 10 candidates. Additional candidates are charged at £35 + VAT per head up to a maximum of 15.