Anaphylaxis & Adrenaline Auto-Injector (Epi-pen) Training Course
This 3 hour practical course is suitable for anyone who works in an environment where an anaphylactic reaction or anaphylactic shock may occur. It is intended to help the student gain a greater awareness of the causes and recognition of an anaphylactic reaction as well as the treatment and management of such a situation. It includes the use of Epi-pen®, Anapen® and Jext® auto injector devices.
The course uses the Anaphylaxis Campaign's Allergywise material as endorsed by The Anaphylaxis Campaign and the RCN.
Anaphylaxis & Adrenaline Auto-Injector (Epi-pen®) Course Content
The course covers the following elements:
Aims of First Aid
- Aims of First Aid
- Dealing with Emergencies
- The Responsibility of a first aider
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Practical session
- caring for adults
- caring for children
AED Demonstration Session
- Demonstration of the use of an AED (Automated External Defibrillation) device
Recovery Position Practical Session
- Care of an Unconscious Casualty
- Recovery Position demonstration and practice
- Description of Body's response to an allergen
- Causes & prevalence
- Signs & symptoms- recognition of the condition
- Explanation of the use of Epi-pen®, Anapen® and Jext® Adrenaline Auto-injector devices, including who can use them, under what circumstances, how are they administered and the legal implications of doing so
- Practice using Epi-pen®, Anapen® and Jext® Adrenaline Auto-injector training devices
- Complications- possible need for CPR as casualties may stop breathing
- Questions and answers
Additional First Aid content
- Choking - Treatment of a Choking casualty
£300 +VAT for up to 10 candidates
Please note: This is run as an-house course only. for up to 10 people on your premises.
We booked a course with HTS Training to enable our staff to be epi-pen trained. The course was very well presented and kept everyone’s attention for the full 3 hours. The course not only covered how to use epi-pens but also what to expect in terms of allergic reactions and we also went on to CPR and the recovery position. I received very positive feedback from my staff and everyone felt much more confident should we ever come to use the epi-pen. I am so impressed with this course and the professionalism of HTS staff and would highly recommend using HTS to anyone.
Kirsty Coombs, Recess Manager, Westfield Childrens' Centre, Watford.
Gave us the knowledge to look after a nut allergy sufferer with confidence.
H.L., Course Candidate.
Very informative - easy to get answers to worrying concerns. Our trainer was very professional, and understanding of what we needed to know.
S.A., Course Candidate.